1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam FMJ27 - value for money???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mark rosser, Oct 8, 2001.

Tags:
  1. mark rosser

mark rosser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Does anyone have experience of the the new FMJ player from Arcam - and any comparisons to other top end players worth considering. I am particularly interested in the use of progressive scan and component output

2. terminator

terminator
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

3. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am extremely pleased with the FMJDV27. It offers a stunning image, particularly when used with a CRT or DLP Projector.

I do not use the Progressive Scan output as I have a 120" screen. The Progressive Scan output is good IMO for screens upto 5feet. Beyond that you need a higher scaler.

Regards Neil.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark,

Ive had my DV27 running for a month or so now on a panny pdp... and frankly its excellent. Picture quality is without a doubt best in its class.. doesnt seem to suffer the software issues the DV88 did. If you can make good use of the progressive out, then go for it! well worth the money... but only if you have a display to maximise the output quality.

Kev