Quantcast

Question ARCAM FMJ UDP411 - Disc Compatibility Question?

DraizE

Novice Member
Hi All,

I've obviously got no idea how many people know this/have an interest, but over the last couple of years a growing number of bands/labels have re-issued albums in, shall we say, super duper editions. They tend to be anniversary's from the initial albums release. Typically they seem to consist of 3-4 CDs and a Bluray disc containing HiRes audio 24/96 Stereo/5.1 mixes of the album.

ARCAM's FMJ UDP411 Bluray player was`Discontinued' I'm guessing 2017 or maybe last year, I can't find the exact date.

Anyway, my question is, would the player be able to handle the HiRes audio Bluray disc's no problem?

I'm assuming it would be fine....but its bugging me that ARCAM scrap the player at the same time these such music format discs start emerging. More than likely a coincidence but with these players as rare as chickens teeth I can't take the gamble of buying one until I know for sure.

Cheers :)

Steve356

Hi All,

I've obviously got no idea how many people know this/have an interest, but over the last couple of years a growing number of bands/labels have re-issued albums in, shall we say, super duper editions. They tend to be anniversary's from the initial albums release. Typically they seem to consist of 3-4 CDs and a Bluray disc containing HiRes audio 24/96 Stereo/5.1 mixes of the album.

ARCAM's FMJ UDP411 Bluray player was`Discontinued' I'm guessing 2017 or maybe last year, I can't find the exact date.

Anyway, my question is, would the player be able to handle the HiRes audio Bluray disc's no problem?

I'm assuming it would be fine....but its bugging me that ARCAM scrap the player at the same time these such music format discs start emerging. More than likely a coincidence but with these players as rare as chickens teeth I can't take the gamble of buying one until I know for sure.

Cheers :)
I've played Blu Ray Hi Res discs without any issues on my 411 into my Arcam AVR-850, but can't remember what the 850 shows the incoming bitstream as. I'll check a bit later as I have just received The Allman Brothers Blu Ray set from the US and I'm dying to play it. :)

Steve356

Yep, definitely plays Blu Ray Hi Res ok. Listening to a DTS-HD MA disc right now at 24/96 5.1 right now. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom