• When viewing theads in any classified forum, threads from child forums are also displayed so that you have greater visibility of all the relevant adverts
    You can change this via your preferences page: https://www.avforums.com/account/forum-aggregation.

For Sale Arcam FMJ AV9 / P7 combo

mleecarter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Arcam AV9 (1).JPG Arcam AV9 (2).JPG Arcam CR100.JPG _20190716_113109.JPG _20190716_112854.JPG

Due to upgrade, now selling my Arcam FMJ AV9 pre-amp/processor and FMJ P7 power amp combo. Both are in silver, in excellent cosmetic condition and are fully working. I have both the original internal and external boxes with packaging, plus original documentation and accessories. Includes an Arcam CR100 Learning Remote. Originally supplied by Sevenoaks. This has been a killer combo and although the AV9 doesn't support the latest Dolby... I've been feeding it the multi-channel output from my Oppo BDP-103... worked a treat!

[Update - 18 Aug] Will consider splitting, offers based on £250 for the AV9 and £700 for the P7. Also updated the pricing for the pair - £850 ovno for both.

Due to the weight I would prefer buyer to collect in person. I do have the original inner + outer boxes and packaging, so can post if the buyer wants to arrange it. I've added photos of the AV9 + acc'ys & P7. The cable on top of the P7 is the 'trigger' cable - so that powering on the AV9 automatically powers-on the P7.

Price and currency: £850 ovno
Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
Payment method: Cash, BACS, maybe Paypal
Advertised elsewhere?: Yes
Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
  • Name and address including postcode
  • Valid e-mail address
DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited:

anthonyrizzo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Very interested in the p7, how old is it?
Any marks?
All channel working?

mleecarter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Very interested in the p7, how old is it?
Any marks?
All channel working?
It's about 10 years old, but there are no marks, it's in as-new condition, all channels working when it was decommissioned a little over a week ago. At the moment, I'd like to sell them as a combo. I will see about getting a couple photos posted.

Last edited:

DodgeTheViper

Rating - 100%
303   0   0
Reaction score
No marks, it's in as-new condition, all channels working when it was decommissioned a little over a week ago. At the moment, I'd like to sell them as a combo, but am open to offers for the P7 if you'd like to make one. You can PM me if you prefer.
All offers need to be on the thread, not via PM. And if you’re willing to split the items, they need pricing accordingly.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
I am very interested in this product as I need a second power amplifier. A few questions does this amp run hot? Because I know the early batches used to run hotter than the latter ones. Also how does it run in general? Is it a fairly quiet power amp? And what are you looking to upgrade to if you don't mind me asking?

mleecarter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
I am very interested in this product as I need a second power amplifier. A few questions does this amp run hot? Because I know the early batches used to run hotter than the latter ones. Also how does it run in general? Is it a fairly quiet power amp? And what are you looking to upgrade to if you don't mind me asking?
Hi there... it's never run hot, and never skipped a single beat. I'd actually keep it if it were black and not silver. I recently updated to an AVR550, which has simplified my setup significantly, since it can handle audio over HDMI and also UHD (I was using a DVDO switch / upscaler before). Although the 550 is impressive... I miss the 'punch' of the P7, which, as I said, were it black I'd probably pair it with the 550 for the best of both! As for noise, assuming you mean from the internal fan... I can't say I ever 'heard' it... As mentioned previously, it lived at the bottom of an 'open' rack... so the fan probably didn't have much to do...

mleecarter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
OK that case I can offer 550 and come and collect it as well.
Sorry, but coming and collecting is expected. You're still too far away from what I'm asking - which I believe is fair. I'll wait for more folks to get back off hols.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
Sorry I don't mean to offend with my offers but it mentioned that you were open to offer. Perhaps you can give me a counter offer, so we can take it from there.

mleecarter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Sorry I don't mean to offend with my offers but it mentioned that you were open to offer. Perhaps you can give me a counter offer, so we can take it from there.
Not offended... just looking for fair value. I'm asking £700, which, given condition and that it's absolutely complete and unmolested (btw, I forgot to mention that it's also spent its life fed via an Isotek mini sub - so no mains nasties), I think is reasonable. I *will* consider a fair offer, but I'm not ready to knock >20% off.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
Thank you for providing all this information. Based on what you have provided and seeing the excellent condition of the item I am happy to up my offer to £650. This isn't too far of your asking and allows for my petrol money to get to you :D

mleecarter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Thank you for providing all this information. Based on what you have provided and seeing the excellent condition of the item I am happy to up my offer to £650. This isn't too far of your asking and allows for my petrol money to get to you :D
Hi Hamm12, yes, that is fair. I accept your offer. Drop me a PM and we can exchange details and arrange a convenient time for collection. Thanks.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Reaction score
P7 now sold to Hamm12. AV9 still available.
It transpires that @Hamm12 has now changed his mind, and I understand that he has paid a deposit. My view is that you refund the deposit, and readvertise it in these forums, apologies for the hassle.

@Hamm12 you are in breach of the trading rules and consequently as you withdrew from an agreed deal you will be excluded for a period of 1 month. You can of course change your mind and complete the purchase you committed to.

Thanks

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Reaction score
@Hamm12 what is your next step please? You’ve been online in the last hour so would expect you to pay some attention to this matter please

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
@Hamm12 what is your next step please? You’ve been online in the last hour so would expect you to pay some attention to this matter please
I am just slightly confused, I wasn't aware that in your previous post you posed a question? As I had already made my intentions to the seller clear about where I stand currently, I assume the seller was the one who got in touch with you.

I also don't understand why this is all made public? I had all intention of making the purchase but somethings had changed so I explained this to the seller. If I have to face a 1 months exclusion for this I will respect the forum rules, but I still don't understand why this couldn't be done via pm. If it is also a forum rule whereby when a trading rule is broken a public sentence is passed then fair enough.

mleecarter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
I assume the seller was the one who got in touch with you.
Yes, I asked the Moderators what I should do when a buyer backs out of an agreed sale simply because they changed their mind. What would you have done? Maybe you should fully read the Rules before you mess someone else about.

@Moderators, can we move this thread to the Disputed section so I can start all over again?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
Since this has all gone public now very much against my wishes, not that I had a say in it. I might as well add my version of events.

Since we are here, I asked you whether it was possible to cancel, I said that if you can relist and see if you can get an interested buyer, I also clearly said that if you didn't get a buyer I WOULD HONOUR the agreement. I then offered £25 out of the deposit I paid as a gesture for the trouble for you to keep if you ended up selling it to someone else.

I really don't understand, all I asked for was whether you can relist to see if you can get an alternative buyer as the item was no longer required. If you had simply replied to my message instead of going to the moderators, and said no I do not wish to relist and would like the original agreement honoured I would have still purchased the item, just to honour the agreement. But you never did this.

Now I am not trying to deny any wrongdoings in this matter. I agree that my question to relist could have caused the seller uncertainty. But it was only a request, one that could have easily been turned down by the seller and this would have all been averted.

However seeing as how this has gone and dealt with, I want to now fully withdraw from the agreement and will take any punishment as set by the trade agreement.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Reaction score
Moved to disputes from archived

I would very much encourage that the deposit is refunded without delay. Please contact the buyer to ensure this happens.

Thanks

mleecarter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Are you able to view the on-going conversation on this? I have asked @Hamm12 a question re. a possible resolution. As it stands, we're both losing out and I'm just trying to salvage the situation.

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme