1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam FMJ 8 - new prepro, anyone heard it?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Halcion, Mar 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Halcion

Halcion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone go to the Bristol show and hear the new Arcam FMJ 8? I'm very interested in this unit as it supposedly goes head to head with Tag AV-32R (192 version).

Any comments on the sound quality, features or comparisons to other similar prepros?

cheers,
    Halcyon

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,184
    yep, i heard it with the 7 channel amp they offer aswell, connected to B&W 9NT's......and it was awesome...detail, clarity, control....what more do you need...oh yes..about £5k to buy them both

3. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi Halcion,

We have fairly detailed 2 page info sheets on each of the AV8 and P7 which we can mail you (send me a private message) including your address. The same applies to anyone else from here seriously interested in checking out the specs.

Of course we also plan to put them up on the website fairly soon and I'll let this NG know when that is done. Right now there are other tasks for our webmistress to do, and we don't want to arouse too much interest too early, hence the delay :-(

John Dawson (Arcam)