1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam DVD Recorder?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by dml, Jan 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. dml

dml

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is Arcam planning to introduce a DVD recorder?

I'm not asking for specific details. A simple Yes or No & if Yes a ballpark timescale.

Is there anyone else out there who would just love a DVD recorder with Arcam's playback performance? Just imagine, a FMJ27 quality recorder (with HDD too please :D).

Oh well I can dream, can't I? Now I think I'll go and lie down in a dark room:suicide:.

David Lewis

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Sadly quite unlikely.

If you look extremely hard, you might just find an Arcam tape recorder or Mini Disc deck.

I suspect it's not finanically viable/sensible in the near future, while the market is still massively changing.

3. teabelly

teabelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'd like one but I don't think their product range should diversify so far into the home recorder area. Short of rebadging someone else's product I think it would prove far too costly for them to develop their own.

I would love them to do a combined satellite receiver, hd and dvd recorder all in one box with decent quality audio, decent software and with much better logic of user interface than the sky boxes but I think that could also be a step in the wrong direction too as the market is just too small to justify the expenditure. Although making it internet knowledgeable so you could plug it straight into either your home network or into an adsl socket (built in adsl modem if wanted) for downloading updates and maybe streaming video/music like a traditional jukebox it could prove quite an innovation.

Even something v fashionable like a small MP3 player with high quality audio or an ipod clone would be something I would like but the market is crowded and not necessarily one a late entrant could get a foothold in.

4. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    I want an Arcam teasmaid. :clown:

StooMonster