ARCAM (DVD) + ARCAM (AMP ) Coupled with Kef Speakers .....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tiny01, Dec 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Tiny01

Tiny01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guy's & Gals

Please be patient im new here ..

Well here go's , Im looking @ Adding a home cinema system( Surround sound ) to our pioneer PDP -506XDE Plasma ( Linked via the Media reciever box ( PDP R06XE )

Been out today looking for a dvd player with the speakers etc , Was looking to be honest to be paying about £1k/ £1.5K For a reasonable set up ??

Thought that this would be plenty lol !!

But having been shown into a listening room & listened to the brands listed in the title ~ Arcam DV70 (DVD Player ) Arcam AVR 300 (Amp ) Also using KEF 3000 Series speakers , I Was amazed @ the sound of this set up + Im now about 2k Over budget !!

But here is where i need help ..

1) Is this ARCAM / KEFF Gear any good ?

2) @ £3k ( Including all the above , Leads , in my home set up ) Has the salesman seen me coming ?

3) I Want to be able to use the DVD Player as a CD Playback facility as well , Listened to this in store as well ( CD Playback ) Was fautless

Please help / Advise

Is there something else a little cheaper i could look @ , With the same sort of sound outputs

Any advice / Comments greatly appricated

Regards

Tiny ...

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Yes, very. The speakers are the weak link in the system though, that Arcam kit can do justice to much better speaker systems.

Not really, he showed you a good quality system which you yourself were amazed at the sound from. As a dealer myself I find it very useful making people aware of the sort of kit that is out there. Some people do not know that this level of performace is available for the home user.

Faultless, I doubt it, but very good to your ears I'm sure. If you liked the sound and you have the cash then go for it, all very good kit indeed, you won't be disappointed.

3. Tiny01

Tiny01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou very much for your reply :smashin:

To be honest that is the 2nd time now that i have been told that the kef speakers are the wink link ,( A Mate of mine told me last night ) On saturday we are listening to another Arcam set up , This time using M & K Speakers

It's a shame as both the the wife & i like the look of the kef ( Egg) Shape speakers & They sounded ok , But do not want to spend this type of money & not be getting the true potential out of the system

Also back to the Arcam amp & DVD Player this is the older model im now ad to believe , Normal RRP Should be £1000 For the DVD Player & £1300 For the Amp , Im getting both items for £1775 ( A £525 Saving :clap: )

Are there any other surround sound speaker packages that you can suggest ?

Will the M & K Speakers be more costly to buy ?

Appreciate your advice so far

Tiny ...

4. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,252
  5. Tiny01

Tiny01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Tiny01

Tiny01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well quick update ..

Went back to the store yesterday for another listen & settled for this little set up , Just a little over my original budget , But to me it sounded great ..

Arcam Diva Avr 300

Arcam Diva DV 79

4 Definitive technology Mythos Gems

1 Definitive Technology Mythos seven

1 Miller & Kreisel KX10 Sub

Cannot wait for it to be delivered now & set up

Thanks for all your advice via this forum :smashin: