1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam DV89

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fordster, Aug 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. fordster

fordster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anybody got any comments on one of these? I've seen a shop selling one (and only one, but brand new and boxed) for £599. This seems like a good price but I'm interested to hear what people think. I'd like to use if for playing CD's as well as movies. How would it compare to a Rotel RCD02 in that department? How good is the picture quality compared to a Denon 2800II (or 2900)? Perhaps most importantly has anybody ever had any problems with one?

I'll probably go in for a listen on Saturday but it's always good to get a second opinion. :thumbsup:

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Superb DVD player, the PQ is thought to be better than the Denon and the sound with CD is excellent for a DVD player, Arcams are always designed to give the best possible sound quality. At £599 it's a bargain. I have a DV88+ which is the same except for the DVD-A output and I have been very happy with it.

Recommended.

3. esoxcrazy

esoxcrazy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is a superb player, got mine about 2 mts ago and I'm very happy with the dv89.
    Picture quality is great and so is the sound both for dvd and without a doubt dvd~audio.

just buy one, highly recommended!!!!!!!