1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam DV88

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by vlieg62, Jan 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. vlieg62

vlieg62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Is the DV88 capable of transferring a progressive signal through SCART?
    I love the DV88 but I am a little confused about the progressive scan. According to the manual you can only use progressive scan via/through the component connection. In my humble opinion there are not many tv's,
    projectors in europe with these connectors.
    BTW, I live in Holland and tried to get some answers from the distributor and they suck! They explaned to me to contact a dealer, I explaned that most dealers dont have the knowledge and time regarding to help me with this problem .
    My next DVD player will be a Denon. Much more friendly and helpfull people!

Regards,

Paul

2. KWB

KWB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure your tv can accept a progressive signal? Also the standard DV88 does not have the progressive scan board fitted so I presume you have had this fitted as an upgrade or own a DV88P or DV88PLUS

3. vlieg62

vlieg62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it's a DV88P, a dealer made the upgrade. I want to use the dv88 with a crt projector. Whithout the progressive scan you get lines in/on the screen.
    I am projecting at 90" screen. My question is how to use the progressive scan on the projector?

Regards,

Paul

4. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IIRC prog scan isn't possible through SCART only component, HDMI, DVI and other higher bandwidth connectors

Regards
    John

5. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
  6. rimibar

rimibar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Slightly :offtopic: but I wanted to say that the service I have experienced from my Arcam dealer has been superb. Speak to Steve or Jeremy at Audiofile in Cambridge if you want superb service!!

7. vlieg62

vlieg62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, for all the replies. As for the service maybe I am expecting to much but...for a player in this pricerange I think I CAN expect more! If I find a solution I shall share it with the forum.

8. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Service has nothing to do with this issue, the problem here is the limitation of the SCART format which will not accept a progressive signal, this is the case regardless of the make of the DVD player............................................................................................................having said that you are not the first person who has said that the dealer support in Holland stinks, its somethink that Arcam need to look into me thinks

If your CRT PJ can accept component then that would be the way to go. What amke and model is it?

Regards
    John

9. vlieg62

vlieg62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Goodevening John,

It's a Sony 1031QM, new tubes, pristine condition. I like the machine because of the small footprint and the low noise it makes. It has a proprietary vga connection and a scart. I've got a 1030 "divider" box with real vga, svhs, composite and 4 BNC (red, green, blue, sync). I think that from the DV88 I can make a connection to the 4 BNC connectors. I am not sure.

Regards,

paul

10. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,
    Your best bet would be to post a question (re the 3 component outputs from the Arcam to the 4 BNC connectors on the Sony) on the CRT projectors forum on this website. I would have thought that Joe Fernand, Gordon Fraser or the liek can answer this pretty easily. I would hazard a guess but I don't want to give you duff information

HTH
    John