Arcam DV88 - RGB output in mult-region mode

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Russ, Mar 31, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Russ

Russ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    HI,
    I am a bit confused with the postings about the output format when the DV88 senses R1 and R2 DVDs.

I want a player that will play R1, RCE and R2 DvDs with SCART RGB output - without having to mess around withe the menu system.
    My current DVD player does this fine ! (Wharfedale 750s - but I want to upgrade)

So can the DV88 do this ?

It may not seem a problem, but I cant get my wife to understand that she needs to change setup for different DVDs - They are all 'DVDs' to her !

Thanks
    Russ

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wimmin !!! They always complicate matters ! My wife seems to have the same view as yours !

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was a bit concerned about this when I bought the player, but I've found that it only *defaults* to component for R1 and RGB for R2.

If you put the player in multiregion mode, (code 13) then it might flip back to component. However, just go into the setup menu again and change it to RGB and it will stay like that.

My Arcam plays R1 and R2 in RGB without having to change any settings. Since my TV supports NTSC it's really simple, but the Arcam supports PAL 60 output so should work with older TV's too.

DF

4. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does Multiregion Mode (13) work with RCE? and can it be forced to Component?

I cannot go backwards to a player that requires me to set Region Code for RCE (my Sony 725 autosenses RCE and plays accordingly).

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that the DV-88 remembers it's settings for each region (and that includes 13). So you could have R1 component and R2 and R13 RGB if you really wanted.

As for RCE I've not tried, but Matt's post here sounds promising :
    http://www.wvip.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000522

[ 04-04-2001: Message edited by: DF ]

6. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Hey just to confirm..

I have been using code 13 as the region and it has had no problem playing any disc including Reg1 The Patriot and Hollow Man both of which I believe are RCE Discs.

Matt

7. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks Matt this is what I was hoping for.