Arcam DV88 Question

raven219

Prominent Member
Reaction score
East Anglia (well someone has to live there!)
I was thinking about getting this player and I have seen the thread about the DV88+. Is this going to replace the DV88 or will there be two models with the DV88 being cheaper?

Cheers

Raven

I would suspect the DV88 will be around for a while yet (and cheaper) at least until the stocks dry up.

Bug - DV89 - is that now for definate - any release dates. Last I spoke to Arcam it was in the future but no dates and they didn't say it would be called the 89 just a new player was coming

DV89 is the name of an Arcam DV88 Plus equipped to replay DVD Audio as well as DVD Video. The extra hardware needed is ready but, as I have said on this Forum before, we have not yet completed the software. My guess is that it will be a while yet.

This should not prevent anyone from buying a DV88 Plus as the upgrade to DVD-A will be made available for the difference in cost betwen the two models (it involves HW and SW) and should be able to be carried out by a competent dealer.

And to reassure folk who own regular DV88s, it is possible to upgrade these to support DVD-A, as we have always said we would do. The prices and procedures for this are not yet set however. This group will be amongst the first to know when we are ready to do this.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

Hello..

John could u confirm that regular DV88 owners will be able to upgrade to DV88 Plus??

Cheers

Matt

A anxious DV88 owner :blush:

Hi there i had an email from john last week, You'll be able to upgrade to a DV88PLUS or DV89.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom