1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam DV88 problem.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mlinhares, Dec 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a DV88, and I'm still stuck with my old Sony 4:3 TV (waiting for a cheap plasma).
    The problem is that recent films, mainly bought from 2 portuguese newspapers promotions appear with a wrong proportion and then I have to use the 16:9 option on the TV to get the proportions correct. It's strange because it happened, so far, only with films from the 2 newspapers and I'm afraid it could happen with other future releases. The editions are excellent and cheap (from 7 to 9 euros), for instance Pulp Fiction has 5.1 DTS.
    Could a firmware upgrade resolve this (I currently have version 1.76 installed, and of course have the 4:3 letterbox option selected on the player)?
    Thanks.

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    what proportion are they coming out as ??? All the 16:9 switch would do is stretch the picture vertically if the films were anamorphic...

Are you sure the cheap discs have not been wrongly formatted??

Matt

3. jflynn

jflynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure these cheap films are not SVCD`s.I always have to manually reset my 4:3 tv to its 16:9 ratio with these.

4. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No they are DVD's, and very good editions. Also the DV88 displays that it's a DVD that is reading. Some of the DVD's are exactly the same as thoso sold on stores, other even better like the Pulp Fiction edition with 5.1 DTS.
    Thanks.