Arcam Dv88 Plus (Copyprotected cds)

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Sweden, Oct 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Sweden

Sweden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When i play the new Interpol cd Antics (european version, the uk version and us version should not be copyprotected) i get distortion and i had some other problems with other copyprotected cds aswell .

Is there a upgrade for this ?

Is the Arcam cdplayers better to handle cds like this ?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,452
    I played an aerosmith copy protected CD in my DV29 last night and it sounded :censored: awful. I also had problems getting the DV29 to load the CD and sometimes when it did only the first track was available to play :confused:
    I previously had a CD73 and it played fine and sounded great in that, so I think the problem is with the way a DVD player handles copy protected CD's.

Mark.

3. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hmm - generally we can play most copy protected so-called CDs on our DVD players (they are not CDs, as they do not conform to the Philips red book specification), so it would be interesting to know what particular form of copy protection is used on your discs that are failing, so we can follow it up with the drive manufacturer.

This information may possibly be found on the small print on the box. In any case you should complain in writing to the publisher and ask for a new disc or a refund.

Sweden - what is the player's drive firmware version (this flashes up for a second or two on your TV when you first switch on the player, at least on the more modern versions of player SW)? It will have two letters followed by a number like LT18 or LT73.

John Dawson (Arcam)

4. Sweden

Sweden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Mr. Dawson ,
    It says 4.18.0/LT76/02/FF. When i start the dv88plus.
    I bought the 88+ and the a90 amp (besides do you think they match in their sound ?) on april 3 this year.

Mats Olsson
    [/U]