Arcam DV88+ PAL Prog Offical

Hi Matt,

I also have the DV88(P), from the press release literature it sounds as though they have replaced a fair bit internally. Whether the Zoran board could be fitted I don't know...
Nobody better to answer this than Mr JD...

DV88P + Sil board = happy customer (well me anyway!)

;)
Regards

Just spoken with my dealer in maidstone...they had the Arcam rep in last week so they knew about the DV88 Plus..

They called him back and they will be a upgrade for DV88 owners but they have not finalised pricing yet and it probably will not be available for a couple of months.. so that is good news.

Also Plus owner will of course be able to upgrade to the DVD-Audio board once it is available...

I'll be interested to see how much this upgrade is going to cost ???

Cheers

Matt

Another DV88 owner a bit confused…
What´s the better route to PS?
1) Upgrade my DV88 with the PS board?
2) Upgrade the player (buy a DV88+)?
I also find that my player gets pretty hot, a lot hotter than my previous Pioneer 717, is this normal?
Thanks.

I'd say wait and see what reviews/dealer/owner feedback there is of the DV88+ first (you have a pretty capable player as it is), then take it from there. Although I don't think you'll be disappointed with the current PS upgrade available for the DV88 anyway and who knows that may drop in price?

Mine also gets very hot even though it's on a glass stand but it has never given me any problems with overheating.
I'd just recommend it's always as well ventilated as possible

HTH
Regards

so is it said that the zoran chip is not as good as the sil?

is zoran none for not having the chroma bug?

cheers

gary

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom