Arcam DV88 or CD and DVD?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nigel_williams, Mar 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just bought a Sony VW11 projector which can handle progressive inputs and NTSC progressive. Now I want to upgrade my DVD player, currently a portable Panasonic so I though a combined CD/DVD playr would be the way to go. My CD player is a DPA (Deltec Precision Audio) Renaissance which is still very good despite being over 5 years old.

I've read a lot of good things about the DV88, and saw/heard a demo at the recent Bristol Show. My options are to buy a separate CD and a lower budget DVD or a good combined player like the DV88 (or even the FMJ!).

Does anyone use the DV88 with PAL Progressive on a Sony VW11? Will it make a significant improvement? I'm also expecting a significant improvement moving from S-Video to Component.

Comments anyone?

2. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you intend to get progressive scan, buy the FMJ, almost the same price as DV88 plus PS, and better components and casing, plus an extra power supply... It is a much better CD player too...

3. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Well you can buy the DV88 with PS, but I would agree that money no object the FMJ would be the better bet.