1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam dv88 Multi Regional or NOT!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Safepad, Mar 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Safepad

Safepad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello every1, i have just come across this verry useful forum to obtain the multi region codes for my dv88 dvd player.!

Here is my dilema,

Purchased this a while ago from "Richer Audio & Visual" (St. Albans, Herts), still in warranty!,
    when purchased, its default region was 2, english wrigt! no probs get the code make it multi regional!
    I rang up richer audio and visual, got the code, but i am pretty sure it was different to that one posted above! (8080) i think and every thing was fine.

Now recently it not, some reason it switched 2 region 1, not mutliregional.

So i got the code from this forum to make it multi again (1,1,1,1,0,0) the last digit being the region u want! Multi regional is "0". still didnt work!

I dont want to have 2 change the code manually everytime i watch a differnt region dvd! and trust me i have Loads!!!!!

The shops where i brought it is closed till saturday bcos of easter friday! so any ideas ppl

Keep me posted plz

Safepad:thumbsup:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    The multiregion code you are entering is basically corrrect, except you are setting the player to region '0' and many region coded discs will not play on a region 0 player. To get the Arcam players to real multiregion you need to set them to region '13'. so enter '1111' and then '13'. Your player should now play all region discs without the need to reset the region each time - Well it works for me! :D

Mark.

3. Safepad

Safepad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx alot mark, its sounds promising! i will give it a bash, just 1 quuestion how did u know multi region was "13"?

Cos im not doubting u, but this shop guy has a database of codes e.t.c to what ever they have in stock!, for these kind of purposes!...

I Will keep u posted 4 sure.

Thanx Alot

Safepad:thumbsup: :hiya: :thumbsup: :hiya:

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
  5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I found out the same way as you! I asked on this forum and got the same answer :thumbsup:

Mark.

6. Safepad

Safepad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just want to thank you lot!,Its all working!! Safepad