Arcam dv88 I bought one

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by highlanders, May 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well I had a listen today and bought one, see my post "Arcam DV88, Am I wasting my money?" The amp used for the demo was the Arcam AVR200 AV Receiver which I also liked very much so much so I was prepared to have that also. Then the bombshell these newer amps don't cater for laser disks (remember them some people still have them). So it looks like I'm stuck with my yamaha A2 I need the AC3 RF in on the amp unless anyone can help?

James

2. robocook

robocook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get an AC3 RF demodulator which will convert the RF signal from your laserdisc player into a standard Co-Ax or Toshlink digital output which can then be connected to a digital input on the ARCAM.

Some of them are tiny little boxes a few inches square so easy to hide and forget about. Sony, Yamaha, Kenwood, and even Meridian do/did them.

Quite a few people have posted wanted in the hardware for sale/wanted forum - could be worth a try.

3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    highlanders,

I assume you liked it then ;)

If you want to get the machine totally up to date with firmware etc and find out about a bit more about it try...

www.envytech.co.uk/dv88

JJ

4. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yes I did, I already had that link bookmarked that's that got me hooked in the first place. I've just ordered the amp also Arcam AVR200 only thing I didn't like was the remotes Back to reprogramming the RC500.