Arcam DV88 - green line on top of screen

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by joserosapt, Jan 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. joserosapt

joserosapt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there ,

i wonder if you could help me.
    Am recently the happy owner of an Arcam DV88 that im pairing with a Loewe Xelos.
    Thing is i noticed this green line that appears when im viewing full screen DVD's. Im using a QED RGB cable to connect both and with my previous DVD player - a Denver (also using RGB) there was no problem with the picture.
    I mean the picture is light years better but that green line is very annoying. Any of you came across it ?

Firmware version on the Arcam is 1.79. The drive is a LT Model B, firmware revision 37.

Could you maybe shed some light on this Mr Dawson ?

Thanks in advance.

2. hilljd

hilljd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Nowt to do with the Arcam.

I'm afraid it's a 'feature' of the Xelos. I owned a Xelos for years and never found a way around the problem, other than avoiding R2 DVDs (no green line with R1). Can't recall exactly but I think it was only a problem with anamorphic, which means it really only ocurred with anamorphic 1.85:1 images. Anyhow, I learnt to live with it.

Maybe someone else found a way around it and can help you, hope so.

Regards,

Jeremy.

3. hilljd

hilljd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ooops, back again. Now I remember.

I did get around it - by using the S-vid input on the side. The green line only ocurred with the SCART input. But it was there with all the DVD players I used, 2 or 3 different ones. Don't know why your old player didn't have it.

Jeremy (memory getting worse each year).

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Maybe you could get into the service menu and shift the image up slightly to hide the green line???

Maybe a local delaer could do this for you if you perfer...

JJ

5. Spligsey

Spligsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Agree with the boys above.
    This is a classic Loewe anomoly....
    I have the Aconda 9381ZW (nearly 3 years now)
    They have some really annoying issues with certain players & they always seem to be connected to RGB or Component feeds.
    My Meridian 596 has an anomoly in that i get a lightening of the picture @ the top of the screen on NTSC discs.
    It's not so visible in PAL mode, but it's most visible in 1:85:1 aspect ratios. 2:35:1 stuff is better, but i have to compensate a bit by lowering the brightness. I know it's the Loewe TV's error, as my player is fine on other TV's
    I think Gordon Fraser touched on a similar problem once about anomoly's with RGB/Component feeds into certain Loewe TV's.

They are nice TV's, but they have some wikedly annoying stuff on them.......

Adzman..

6. joserosapt

joserosapt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.
    Gonna try and do the picture shifting to see if it works.