1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam DV88 - Future S/W Update Requests!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matt Horne, May 2, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I have noticed that there have been a couple of threads asking about features within the DV88 or in fact enhancements they would like to see.. So here is a thread i which to suggest changes/new features for future releases of the software.

I will try to summarise what had already been mentioned :

1.) Option to allow the stop button to work as normal (ie stop disks when in menus..)

2.) The abaility to turn the power back on when in standby by pushing the eject on the player (or one of the other buttons and not need to go find the remote)

2.) (This is probably a pipe dream) Ability to use other IR codes which will work with the other 99% of universal remotes (not just the Pronto)

Lets see what sensible useful ideas we can come up.. and the nice ppl at Arcam may take some notes :D

Cheers

Matt

2. garysteel

garysteel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Supports my request for Power on via eject or other buttons. :)

3. gatesy

gatesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to be able to get the status readout summarised on the front panel of the player - not just output to the tv screen. This would be handy when playing cds. Pressing status could show time remaining in current music track, then after pressing again time remaining on whole cd.

Just a nice-to-have. :)

Gatesy

4. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +639
    Thats a good point.. How does the DV88 function as a CD player.

I mean, say that you wanted to play a CD.. Can you use it and get all the features without the TV being on?