1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam DV88+ cd playback

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by camlogan, Jan 15, 2003.

Tags:
  1. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there all, I am just about to get an arcam dv88+.

To get better sound with CD playback should I conect my arcam to my amp with both analogue cables as well as the normal coaxial cable for movies?

If this is so, does anyone have an idea on what brand of analogue cables i should get/

thanks

CaM

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Best to experiment, but it is likely that using the analgoue outputs will be the best method as the Arcam has very good quality DAC's.

Use good quality cables in the region of £50-£100 which is about 5-10% of the player - may be best to pop to your nearest hifi dealer and borrow a few? This is assuming you have a good qaulity amp that will benefit from using higher quality cabling

Two good interconnects for this sort of money are the van den hull D102B II or the nordost solar wind (both are about £80-£100)..could also try Ecosse...test these against £40-£50 cables and see if you can tell the difference...if you can great, if not you have saved £50!!!!! ;)

HTH

JJ

3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Also test against some £20-£30 cables (QED Quinnex 1 and 2 maybe) as in a lot of cases there isn't a noticable difference between a £20-30 cable and a £80-100 cable.

I know that I couldn't tell the difference listening though a Rotel RA1060 and B&W 602s2 speakers - maybe I'm just deaf though :)

Victoria

4. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys, thanks for the info. I have a yammy 630 so I won't spend any more than 50 pounds on the cables at the moment.

;)

CaM

5. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I would also suggest trying £10 Tandy interconnects and seeing if you hear a difference. If you don't, buy yourself 4 CDs with the money you've saved...

Cheers,
    Liam