1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam DV79 vs. Linn Genki

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by RumNYC, Jul 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. RumNYC

RumNYC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I currently play CDs with a Denon 2910 (approx $700) via AVR300 Stereo Direct. A friend recently brought this Linn Genki (approx $2000) cd player and when I hooked it up to my system, the sound was nothing short of incredible. Has anyone compared this cd player to the DV79, or are the FMJ dedicated CD players more compareable. Ideally I want a linn undisk players, but they start at around $4000 :rolleyes:

2. Greggles

Greggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Good though the CD replay is on the DV79, it cannot compare to that of a dedicated CD player such as the Linn. I recently compared my DV29 to Arcam's new CD36, and the latter blew it away. How the latest Linn CD players compare to Arcam's I know not - I did own a Linn's entry level Mimik some years ago which was trashed by the sound from my Meridian 596 DVD player (now replaced by the DV29)

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    I have just replaced my CD33 with the new CD36. Prior to ordering the CD36 I did consider other options, one of which was the Linn Ikemi which we keep in the store. After extensive listening I still thought the Arcam was the better and more musical machine even when compared to the £2000/$4000 Linn Ikemi.

4. clauser

clauser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Do you know how the Arcam CD192T compares to the Linn Genki or CD36 ?

Kind regards,
    Erwin