Arcam DV79 multi-region setting

grand

Standard Member
Sorry for asking again. I've seen the answer to this thread before but doesn't come up in the listing as it's a bit old!!

Can anyone tell me how I programme the DV79 to multi-region?

Thanks in advance.

MarkE19

Turn on the DV79
open the tray
type '1111' from the remote
then type in the region, ie '1' for region 1 or '13' for multiregion.
close tray and play the imported discs - easy :thumbsup:

Mark.

grand

Standard Member
MarkE19 said:
Turn on the DV79
open the tray
type '1111' from the remote
then type in the region, ie '1' for region 1 or '13' for multiregion.
close tray and play the imported discs - easy :thumbsup:

Mark.
Mark,
Thanks for the info.
I bought a DVD in the US and now I get the pic but no sound through coaxial. Any ideas?

MarkE19

What about other DVD's, do they play with audio?
I would guess that it is to do with the setup of the DV79. Go into the audio setup menu and try a few different settings. You may find that the disc has say a DTS soundtrack rather than Dolby Digital. Has the receiver been set to auto detect the soundtrack or do you need to set it manually?

Mark.

grand

Standard Member
MarkE19 said:
What about other DVD's, do they play with audio?
I would guess that it is to do with the setup of the DV79. Go into the audio setup menu and try a few different settings. You may find that the disc has say a DTS soundtrack rather than Dolby Digital. Has the receiver been set to auto detect the soundtrack or do you need to set it manually?

Mark.
Cheers Mark,
The AV amp is set to detect the signal auto. I'l l have a play with the Arcam settings. The disc in question plays on my other cheapo DVD player and laptop and don't have any problems with another disc bought in the US.
Gordon
PS. You have an fine line-up of kit....hope it sounds as good as it sounds if you know what I mean!!!!

MarkE19

grand said:
PS. You have an fine line-up of kit....hope it sounds as good as it sounds if you know what I mean!!!!
Thanks, and yes it does sound as good as it 'looks' :thumbsup:
The only problem is that I live in a flat and don't get to wind the volume right up too often :devil:

Mark.

Trending threads

Top Bottom