Quantcast

Arcam DV78 Dvds freezing

barnetda

Standard Member
Hi

I have an Arcam DV78.

Many DVDs now seem to either freeze or jump during playback. Sometimes it works fine but most times the dvds seem to miss a few secs and then jump or freeze.

IS there a way to clean the heads? Or is there anything else you guys suggest?

many thanks

Mandss

Standard Member
Hi mate, i've got a DV78 myself, and i've had a similar type of problem but only when the DVD discs were scratched,playing clean and scratch free discs i got no skipping etc. Could be just an issue of damaged discs not being read properly

barnetda

Standard Member
Hi mate, i've got a DV78 myself, and i've had a similar type of problem but only when the DVD discs were scratched,playing clean and scratch free discs i got no skipping etc. Could be just an issue of damaged discs not being read properly
I appreciate the reply. I think you might be right as most problems are normally rental dvds.

Do you recommend any particular cleaning stuff?

Mandss

Standard Member
Does it make any whirring sounds when the discs load up or play? usually this can be caused by poor quality discs which have been scratched or damaged even slightly. Try a clean disc and see what happens, otherwise it could be a problem with the drive like i had with mine, but my unit was vibrating like a bitch & could be heard from metres away. Not also sure if this unit has a suspension or damper which supports the drive to stop it skipping when an unbalanced damaged disc is played,you could look into that.

I'm not sure about the cleaning bit, somebody else might be more clued up about that, but i don't really think this is the problem.

barnetda

Standard Member
Does it make any whirring sounds when the discs load up or play? usually this can be caused by poor quality discs which have been scratched or damaged even slightly. Try a clean disc and see what happens, otherwise it could be a problem with the drive like i had with mine, but my unit was vibrating like a bitch & could be heard from metres away. Not also sure if this unit has a suspension or damper which supports the drive to stop it skipping when an unbalanced damaged disc is played,you could look into that.

I'm not sure about the cleaning bit, somebody else might be more clued up about that, but i don't really think this is the problem.
Sorted!!
It did make a whirring noise. I cleaned the disc and now works fine.

Really appreciate it. Cheers

if anyone can recommend some good dvd cleaning fluid that would be great.

Thanks