Arcam DV27 plus - ticking/popping on cd playback

P

panda88

I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I recently purchased a DV27 plus DVD/CD player. When playing a specific CD, namely, Billy Bragg's "Worker's Playtime", the player seems to be having some difficulty tracking the disc. Periodic ticks and pops are heard randomly (they occur at different times during playback....not consistent) on many of the tracks on that particular CD. The sound is very similar to the normal "ticks" and "pops" heard on vinyl playback. The CD I have is in pristine condition, and the can be easily played back on my ARCAM CD92 CD player as well as my very inexpensive Onkyo mini-system. I brought the DV27 back for repairs at my local authorized ARCAM repair depot, and unfortunately, they said they heard nothing (the technicians there must be hard of hearing!)...and sent the machine back to me having done pretty much nothing to it to fix the problem.

I've tried many cd's and dvd's in this machine....and thus far, the Billy Bragg disc is the only one giving me problems.

Has anyone else experienced this problem on their player? If so, what was the resolution? My greatest fear about this problem is that this issue will occur on other discs in the future. If it's only this one CD...that's fine...but is there something wrong with my machine? or does the DV27 simply have a substandard tracking mechanism?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Does the cd have copy protection on the disc ? Does it have the Compact Disc logo.. as it it does not then it probably is copy protected.

I would try ripping the cd to you pc and re-burning and see if its any better. But the ticks pops sounds like CP. It might be worth checking what firmware version your drive is and see if theres a update as that might solve the problem.

Cheers

Matt

Just checked and its a really old album so it probably will not have CP.

Still I would check both the software and firmware versions of your player as a start, as both can be updated with a disc from your dealer.

Cheers

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom