1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam DV27 Chroma bug problem?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nigel_williams, Jun 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've had my Arcam for a couple of weeks now using progressive component ouput to my Sony VW11. A couple of days ago I was watching Toy Story 2 and noticed that the particularly bold reds were "flaring".

I presume this is the much talked of Chroma bug, something which I didn't know that the Arcam suffered from. Does anyone else have this problem or know what Arcam's stance is on this? Should I call them to complain and will they do anything about it?

I really expected better from a £1,600 player....

2. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    If you do a search, then you'll find it's been discussed before here.

Basically, yes it's the chroma bug.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    It's Chromabug as Liam says.Actually hard to see it most of the time but solid red blocks of colour tend to make it more noticeable. Complaining wont domuch good. Its a defect in the mpeg decoding chipset used in the majority of DVD players in the world. I think there may be more players with this problem than without.

Oh and spare a thought for the poor owners of Meridian800 dvd players as they have it too!

Gordon