Arcam DV137 and AVR350 combo

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by leeed342, May 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. leeed342

leeed342

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thought I would put this in a new thread now, as I no longer have a problem with the dv137. Got the machine back yesterday, and haven't really had a chance to do much listening until tonight. Bloody hell! I dunno what the chaps at Arcam have done to this machine (went away for an audio fault) but after warming up for a few hours the sound I am getting from this system is absolutely fantastic. Listening to Linkin Park from the live 8 disc is just unreal, the sound fills the room and the bass literally blows me out of my seat. This is the audio experience I have been waiting for :) Mrs had to put a damper on things when she came in.. " I swear the front door was vibrating when I put my hand on the handle" yes yes, whatever.....
    Mental note, next upgrade, a detached house :rolleyes:
    Eddie

2. Druboo

Druboo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Glad it's all finally sorted :thumbsup:

Enjoy :D

3. lpm

lpm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Glad its turned out well for you. Whilst I didn't have your problems to sort, it kind of reminds me when I got my AVR300 and DV78 home some 18 months ago. All I kept thinking of was how easily I could have gotten something else if I hadn't made the effort to chase up an Arcam demo. And I still have lots of rungs left to climb up the Arcam HC ladder.:eek:

4. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Glad you seem to have everything sorted out Leeed, I've been following your threads with interest and was hoping there'd be a pint when all sorted and not only that but you'd be chuffed with your equipment as I'm sure almost all people are here.

Glad that your issues seem to be rectified, now book a week off work and catch up on all that hard-earned music & films etc:devil:

Dan.

5. leeed342

leeed342

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cheers :) Just glad it's all sorted. Only thing I will upgrade in the future now is possibly the speaker set up. Will probably look at crustys pmc combo, but just going to enjoy what I have for a while as it sounds pretty good! :clap:
    Eddie

6. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hi Leeed, I'd probably be thinking at this point just enjoy what you have for a little while as you clearly like your setup. This way you get the satisfaction properly from current upgrade, then you can upgrade the speakers and enjoy that improvement.

Somehow seems like better value/more satisfaction that way.:thumbsup:

Then again, the wallet is hard to keep closed, somehow upgraditis seems to make the money come out so much easier....:rolleyes:

Dan.