Arcam DV-88

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by icequake2002, Apr 8, 2001.

Tags:
  1. icequake2002

icequake2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else fud up with these software problems with the arcam DV88 and when are they going to sort it out makes me wonder if it is worth £900

1. Unable to stop the disc on menu screens, you have to be playing a feature on the disc for stop to work.
    2. The remote commands do not always work in a feature i.e Whilst watching Snatch the pause/stop commmands get the "hand symbol", the only way round it is to use the skip chapter buttons, which seems to reset the software.
    3. A variety of music Cd's are not recognized by the player.
    4. The player has frozen a couple of times whilst playing DVD's/CD's and required the machine to be turned off/or the disc ejected before normal play could be resumed.

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi - yes, most of these types of issue will be sorted or fixed in the next upcoming issue (though we reserve the right to have one or two what might seem slightly quirky operating features!). In particular the playability issues are substantially resolved, though you will need the latest drive firmware called LO14 as well as the player software v1.7x. See other DV88 thread for more info.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John,
    Will DV88 owners be informed when a new version of software is released and if not how do we know? Also are Arcam willing to post the upgrade CD Rom to individual customers eg if they don't live near an Arcam dealer (as is my case)?

Regards
    Andrew Guy

4. WILDCAT

WILDCAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was told to let my dealer know that I need the upgrade and they will call me in when ready.....cant wait! :D

5. icequake2000

icequake2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Please could someone tell me how home cinema choice first gives arcam five stars for picture and sound and then in the new issue only four for picture and sound in the top five at the back of the magazine.