1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam DV-27A with DVD-Rs etc?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by andyasb, Nov 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. andyasb

andyasb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thinking of adding a DVD burner to my mac, for burning my DV movies to DVD. Just got an Arcam DV-27A, has anybody had any problems using writeable DVDs or any other experiences they can share before I take the plunge?!

best

a

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I have a DV88+ which I have used DVD-R's of various makes on without any problems.

the only issue I have found is if you pause or stop the disc for a small length of time that when you restart it sometimes is not very happy ans I usually eject and then re-load the disc. If you play stright through its not an issue.

(I think the drives in the various arcam players are the same unit..)

Matt

3. burgeruk

burgeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    i would add if you're going to burn dvdr, make sure you purchase discs with ritek purple dye,they are the best, some dvd players have problems reading other dyes, can't speak for arcam, i haven't had experience of their dvd players :cool:

4. Neo X

Neo X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    andyasb,

I recently bought a DV27A and tried my daughter’s favourite movie's backup copies and they work fine. I'm using DVD+RW EMETEC disks. They have been played until exhaustion and they still work. I chose DVD+RW because they sound better.

5. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Neo

Was down in your part of the world earlier today.

Interesting comments re DVD+RW discs sounding better. Is it the RW bit that is better or the + part. I normally use DVD-R Ritek as they are cheaper and very reliable, but always willing to learn new tricks.

Gerald.

6. farguar

farguar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So far i have backed up most of my collection onto DVD-R/RW and all is well, my early DV88 did have problems initialy recognising some discs until my dealer updated the software and the firmware for the transport.

Seems like Arcam investigate and update the software for these players when problems exist..nice touch!

farguar