Arcam drDock questions

manicm

Standard Member
Reaction score
1. Will the new drDock be compatible with an iPod touch 3g?
2. Does the drDock itself charge the iPod while docked, or only when connected to the PC via USB?

RTFM !!

To answer your questions for you:

1. Yes.
2. The drDock is connected to the mains by USB. This is how you charge a device from the drDock. Connecting your device to a PC isn't shown by the manual, as it doesn't involve the drDock. This FAQ from ARCAM may also be of use to you.

You can sync your ipod touch 3g via wifi when connected to the drDock and the red button on the remote has been pressed, after you have set your ipod touch up for wifi syncing.

enjoy !!

Last edited:
I have just bought a drDock and at first it communicated with my T32 tuner and I could use the T32 remote to control track selection, etc.

However it has now stopped working and all I get is "Connect iPod" on the T32 display. I've tried all the usual re-connecting and re-powering, also tried an iPod Touch and an iPad, but still no communications. I have found the remote control a useful feature and used it all the time with my old irDock, so what's happened?

I'll be talking to Richer Sounds and Arcam about it, but in the meantime has anyone had experience using the drDock in remote mode with other Arcam products?
:confused:

I'll be talking to Richer Sounds and Arcam about it, but in the meantime has anyone had experience using the drDock in remote mode with other Arcam products?
:confused:

Chatted with Matt Frost at Arcam and he says that there will be a software upgrade for the T32 sometime soon to fix this problem. Can't wait ....
:rolleyes:

I am interested in hearing from Arcam just what is happening in helping users of the drDOCK to get it to fully function with iPad and iPhone. My experience of attempting to play sound through T32/A18 has been very hit and miss. At first I could at least see the music lists and select what to play. Then all that changed and I now have the entire iPad and iPhone window screened and have to double click the start button for this screen to reveal a single line of apps and can with that at least get it to play individual track where the sound is great. So yes I am very u happy about this. As of now the purchase of the drDOCK has me looking at my consumer rights. Can Arcam say something!

I am interested in hearing from Arcam just what is happening in helping users of the drDOCK to get it to fully function with iPad and iPhone. My experience of attempting to play sound through T32/A18 has been very hit and miss. At first I could at least see the music lists and select what to play. Then all that changed and I now have the entire iPad and iPhone window screened and have to double click the start button for this screen to reveal a single line of apps and can with that at least get it to play individual track where the sound is great. So yes I am very u happy about this. As of now the purchase of the drDOCK has me looking at my consumer rights. Can Arcam say something!

I did a firmware upgrade of my T32 tuner (beta version 3.05 sent to me by Arcam). Unfortunately this did not solve the problem.
After several email exchanges with Arcam, they kindly offered to collect my drDock, T32 tuner and iPod Touch for investigation. They updated the T32 firmware again and found that most of the communications issues were related to my iPod Touch, having tested the drDock/T32 with most other iPod models, iPads and iPhones.
When I received my system back, this did seem to be the case, as my iPhone and iPad worked fine, apart from occasional communications hiccups.
I then tried it with a friend's iPod Touch and it was OK, so it does appear that my iPod Touch has a serial comms problem afterall. Oh well, I was thinking of upgrading to a 64G model anyway, so maybe this will force my hand.

In conclusion, I strongly recommend that you contact Arcam directly about your concerns, as I have found them extremely helpful, particularly Matt Frost (customer support) and Nick Clarke (chief engineer).

Good luck!
;)

Last edited:
I have a brand new dr dock that im trying to connect to a small marantz 5.1 receiver. When connected via analoge cables, my ipod charges and is controlled by the remote but i cannot get any sound out of it. Can anyone give me any ideas to fix this? I tried looking up a contact number for arcam but could not find one.

As noted before, I have had very good support from Arcam and their contact number is:
01223 203200
Best to ask for Matt Frost in person to speed things up.
Alternatively you could email him at [email protected]

Good Luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom