Arcam Diva

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tpm45, Sep 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tpm45

tpm45
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone got any good or bad things to say regarding this machine. I know its a bit pricey, but Ive saved up for a while now.

2. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I got a DV78 last week and so far am very pleased with it, excellent picture quality (using component connection). Even though it's a fairly "high end" player, it still looks better with Prog scan turned OFF though.

Very nice player :)

3. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    DV79 beats the pants off anything I have had. Absolutely stunning picture and sound :thumbsup:

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Very, very good machines indeed. If you haven't done so already then pa ya visit to the Arcam section of these forums.

5. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Crusty,
    I get Arcams reasons for avoiding doing the scaling twice and given DV79 is normal resolution can you say how it compares to say an upscaled 720p output from a Denon machine.

6. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    You dont say what model you are thinking about......

I have a DV89 and it is a nice looking machine, it does work ok and the CD playback is very good.
    It cost me £350 more than my Denon 2900, but i dont think there is £350's worth of improvements over the denon.
    Infact IMO the denon has more going for it than the Arcam does and i think....again IMO that the 89 was £500 over priced when new.
    Maybe if i was running a big screen with a PJ, then there might be more noticable improvements, but on my 43" plasma and the 51" RPTV i had before, there is no difference in PQ between the Arcam and the Denon.

Make sure you can get it on a home demo and live with it for a week and see what you think.
    Would i buy another Arcam player..........No.
    Would i have brought the 89, if i'd have had it on a home demo..........i doubt it.
    Another one of my spontanious buy's i now regret. :suicide:

7. wannabeav

wannabeav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I picked up an ex demo DV89 a couple of months back and the quality on it is fantastic. I dont have a DVI / HDMI screen so cant comment on that but component to the projector seems superb. Various threads have hinted that decent quality component matches hdmi but you need to test that for yourself. Very good CD replay too. Although it doesn't have all the buttons and flashing lights that some do, good looking player and the Build quality is also high IMO.

Haven't come across too many any negatives so far but then I only watch about 1 film a week max so maybe something eventually. only thing is the remote seems a little slow sometimes, this tends to be on CD's but then im sitting about 20' away which might cause a problem?