Arcam Diva A70 or Yamaha As500

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Chekmx, Nov 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Chekmx

Chekmx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for an amp, mostly to provide sound for a projector but also some music and I have seen an arcam a70 at a very good price (£318). I know ideally I would audition both but this wouldn,t be possible with the arcam. What I'm not sure about is whether the arcam is likely to be better than yamaha. I was thinking about MA BR6 , kef iq50 speaker or teufel ulitma60 Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  2. kefbox

kefbox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked at an Arcam last week in comparison to the Yam and ended up with the Yam - to my untrained ears it gave really strong bass and lovely clear mids ... more words here if it helps . I am seriously happy with the Yam - fantatic piece of kit for the money, loads of input and output options on the back as well.

3. Chekmx

Chekmx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks fir the reply kefbox. I will definitely check out the Yamha.

4. peritus

peritus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I'd also go for the Yamaha

The Arcam DiVA amps were a perculiar range in my opinion. The A65 and A85 were the decent amps; the A70 and A90 really lacked power and weight in their sound. Lots of power but no guts!

The NAD C326BEE amp would also be a good option and would suit the Monitor Audio speakers well

I've done LOTS of demo's over the last few months as I'm after some new speakers and have found the Yamaha or NAD amps suit the Monitor Audio and B&W speakers very well :D