1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam disc players - transport firmware versions

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by NicolasB, Apr 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    I was surprised to notice, while checking out the (otherwise excellent) "sticky" thread at the top of the forum about Arcam software versions, that there's no mention of the transport firmware used in Arcam DVD players. This is distinct from the "software" - version numbers are of the form LT75, LT76, etc. If I understand correctly, it's firmware that's flashed directly into the DVD-ROM drive rather than controlling the player as a whole. I would have added this comment into the "sticky" thread itself, but apparently I'm not allowedto :rolleyes: so I'll post it here instead. :)

Could we have a breakdown of the latest "mech" firmware versions, and a list of what (if anything) changed between versions?

I would also be quite interested to know what the different models of transport used in Arcam DVD players are (I know there are 3 or 4) and what the practical differences between them are.

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I believe LT76 is the latest and the only change I can remember is that it allowed you to play a celine dion cd! which was copy protected.. waste of a update if you ask me :)

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    Some older DV27 players don't use an LT mech at all, IIRC. What about them? I'd also like to hear about the differences between LT models A, B and C. :)