• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Arcam Delta 290 problem

iag

Novice Member
A long shot, given the age of this kit (1994). But I'd hate to have to ditch it, and would pefer to get it fixed if not too uneconomic.
R speakers have no sound except in mono. It's def not a speaker problem, since they both work with Mono switch depressed, nor a balance problem. Problem is present whether SP1 or SP2 outputs are use. Problem seems solid now, though it has been intermittent. Any ideas what has failed, and what's the best approach to solving the problem. I'm prepared to go inside the box if it seems like a fix is not too tricky.

Ian

iag

Novice Member
I should have checked more thoroughly. The problem was with the Aux input - no problem with CD input. It looks like one of the phono plugs was not quite fully home - though it looked like it was. Fingers crossed that was it. Thanks for the quick response. Appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom