1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam Delta 270 CD Player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Buckster, Sep 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Anyone familiar with this CD Player - have been offered one for sale but can't find out much info on it.

I've recently bought a Arcam Delta 290 amp which I think is superb - but wondering what the matching CD player is like.

I currently have a NAD 541i - which I haven't been that impressed with.

Thanks, Mark.

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    Hi, it's a nice machine - but get a good price on it bearing in mind it's age. As was typical of ARcam at the time (late 80's- mid 90's) it has a smooth overall sound, but it also has a hint of the companies future approach, with a strong attack, excellent detail, and clear, well focused treble. It doesn't go as deep in the bass as some, but it will beat any CD player currently for the (s/h) price. It's also a good partner, having a good solid transport, for a decent DAC. Overall, a nice sounding, well built player.

Just check for the obvious for a CD at that age. I.e. disk skipping due to worn disc clamp, or laser mis-alignment. If it's ok and the price is right, go for it! :D