Arcam Dealer in CRO

D

dm57

Hi there,

I have tried to organize the demo of the A90/7.1 and P90/3 versus AVR 300 in order to compare them in both stereo and DVD-Audio mode, but the official Arcam dealer in Zagreb, Croatia told me this can not be demoed since they don't have the equipment in stock. If not being able to bring it to my home and do the demo in the real environment I expect at least to be able to demo it at the dealers place.

I would like Mr. Dawson or anybody from Arcam to comment it.

I would also like to know if I buy Arcam equipment outside of Croatia (say in UK) can I contact my local dealer in case of problems or upgrades.

Thanks in advance for the answers

Hi again,

I would appreciate very much if somebody from Arcam can comment on my post.

Thanks

I can understand your frustration; nothing compares with hearing it with your own ears.
All I can do is offer you my opinion.
If hi-res music is what’s important to you (DVD-audio, SACD) I would go for A90/7.1 P90/3 combo in a heartbeat! And if the system is great for music, it will definitely be good for movies as well.

Here are my reasons:
A few moths ago I considered upgrading my AVR200 with AVR300. Hi-res music is what is most important to me, so I went to my dealer and listened to both using the same source, same speakers and using 5.1 analog input on both. Hardly any difference! AVR300 is far superior in its processing power, video switching etc. but I do not need all that.
So I decided to ad P85/3 to my AVR200 instead, to drive my front stage. What a difference! I was able to clearly hear the improvement in sound quality! :thumbsup:

You can think of it this way as well: In AVR300 your money goes for processing chips, video switching etc. (and you do not need all that for music), as well as for amplifiers and pre-amp section. In A90/7.1 P90/3 combo the money goes where it counts – in analog devices that you are actually going to use for music! :D

Hope this helps
:beer:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom