1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam + Cyrus + Mission

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Radioactive__Man, Oct 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I am due my monoblocs back this week from upgrade to Mono X spec and I am wondering about amping options, I briefly had them connected as straightforward monoblocs using the preouts from the AVR300, and running single [not biwire] cables to the 783's.

Wondering now about using either the 7.1 outputs to drive the high frequencies and the monoblocs for the lows, or alternatively if I can use the main speaker outputs on the AVR300 instead of the 7.1 outputs to drive the HF.

Anyone care to share experiences or thoughts, obviously I will try the different options, but just curious to see how you have settled with a pre/power combo

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Well I actually got them back yesterday at 5pm, all hooked up and currently using AVR300 main speaker outputs to HF and MonoX to LF

Out of curiosity I switched off the Monoblocs to see how much audio was coming thru just the HF path, fed from the AVR300. To my astonishment there is practically nowt compared to the amount being pushed through by the monoblocs, difficult for me to believe this small amount of info is enough to make up the full dynamic range, and I fear the high end is being drowned out more than a little.

I was expecting the internal crossover of the speakers to be split between tweeter+midrange, and the woofers. It appears that the monoblocs are driving woofer and mid, and the AVR is only driving the tweeters, is this right?.

This is more of a speaker crossover question, but if anyone else here has the AVR bi-amped with a power amp, could they please try the same and let me know your findings please.

I'll try switching the speaker impedence on the rear of the AVR300 tomorrow.