Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Arcam CR80 remote

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by andyb505, Jan 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. andyb505

andyb505

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Arcam CR80 remote control (which came with my AV8). I have programmed it to operate; TV, DVD, and VCR but I cannot get it to control my Netgem I-player digital TV box. There is no code listed for the I-player in the CR80 handbook, and I cannot get the CR80 to recognise the I-player remote when the CR80 is in learning mode (even though I have tried the instructions in the CR80 manual).

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get the CR80 to control the I-player, and if so how?

In addition I am looking at using X10 products to control my home lighting. The CR80 (according to the manual) will take X10 codes, but how do I input them to the CR80?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andrew.

2. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andrew,
    Andrew Dutton of Arcam (aka ANDY_ARCAM) will probably be able to answer this. The CR80 certainly won't replicate certain remotes such as my SKy box remote.

Regards
    John

3. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I do not know the Netgem player you are refering to. However many of the set top boxes use unusual IR standards and if this is the case I am afraid the CR80 may not be able to learn its codes.

To set the CR80 to operate X10 products perform the following.

press AUX button in the top select device area.

press and hold set button till the led blinks twice.

type 0167 on the numeric keypad, the led should blink twice once you have done this.

The X10 commands should now be available under the AUX page on the remote control.

I tryed this here and the remote accepted the codes, however I don't have any X10 products to try it out with and I don't know what functions are on what buttons so you will have to find out through trial and error.

Please be aware that this will clearly only work with IR (infa red) X10 products if your X10 system is RF (radio based) then the remote control cannot operate it.

As you are probably aware this remote is manufactured for us by universal electronics and it is their code set we are using for other peoples products.

Regards,
    Andrew

4. andyb505

andyb505

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andrew,

Thanks very much for the information.

Andrew