1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam CR80 - How many learned functions

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Shaggybert, Apr 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi guys

I recently bought an ex demo arcam CR-80 learning remote control.

If anyone out there has one of these, could you tell me how many functions you can "learn" to it.

I managed to get about 12 before mine was full.

Cheers

Phil

2. MarcBecker

MarcBecker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    12 sounds like a few too little, I think i got about 20 or so on mine, but it wasn't that many.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,242
  4. MarcBecker

MarcBecker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    prior to getting my avr 200, i had a nad receiver. Its HTR-2 remote has almost any identical design, but allowed for programming for something like 300+ commands. Thats my only disappoint with the remote, as i could only get my tivo and TV commands in it before it filled up. Would have been nice if the dvd codes could get programmed too since they weren't part of the remote's library.

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,242
    Just for your information I have so far programmed the following buttons into my CR-80 remote:

Panasonic Television: All functions from built in code system + Manual Learning of 'AV Mode', 'Red', 'Green' and 'Yellow'

Musical Fidelity A308 Amplifier: Manual Learning of 'Volume Up', 'volume Down', 'CD Input', 'Aux Input', 'Aux 2 Input'

Amstrad Sky Box: Manual Learning of 'TV guide', 'Info', 'Backup', 'Cursor Up', 'Cursor Down', 'Cursor Left', 'Cursor Right', 'Select', 'Channel Up' and 'Channel Down'

Arcam CD33, DV29, AVR300: All built in.

6. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Cheers Guys

The problem is that when I bought it, it was manually programmed with all sorts of functions which were presumably for the equipment that they had in the shop.

When you put in a product code for a new peice of equipment, it does not write over the manually programmed codes.

As I don't know which of the keys have been manually programmed with a new function, I have to go through each key, under each device, and use the delete function to remove any programmed codes. thats 376 keys in total!!!!
    I think I'm in for a long weekend.

7. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need not to delete all learned buttons as per page 9 of of the booklet.
    Just the ones for say TV, DVD and SAT and VCR. Around 100 buttons. I skipped the digits, and arrows. Only a crazy person reprogrammes that.

This makes room hopefully enough to learn the new functions that you need to program.

Be very patient!! The CR80 has no display to tell you that you did what you wanted , just that red!! lamp flash. They could at least emulate a road traffic signal....

You had better buy an HTM MX-500, at an ebay auction..