1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam CD92 and Interconnect Cables.....

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by panda88, Mar 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. panda88

panda88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted so share some information regarding my recent purchase of a new set of interconnects for my CD player. I was never one to believe that interconnect cables could make a significant improvement (or shall I say, a significant sonic change) in sound quality until now. I had previously owned van den hul D300 mk II interconnect cable for the connection between my cd player and pre-processor...and was happy with the sound overall until I switched my amp/preamp-processor to Rotel HT Equipment (I formally had Classe Audio 2 channel stereo setup...and moved to HT with Rotel). I found the Rotel front end to be too warm...and bass heavy using my old van den hul interconnects. I did some research on the net....and via audio magazines...and decided to purchase a pair of DNM Reson Interconnects with Eichmann plugs. The difference between these cables and my former van den huls....were....night and day! It was as if I had changed an entire component in my system. The sound was no longer too warm; instead, the whole soundstage opened up....the bass was tighter....and the mid and uppers were more defined. I know that ARCAM cd players are supposed to be warm sounding...but this transformation in sound was far more than what I had expected. After enjoying audio reproduction for so many years ....and tinkering and upgrading audio pieces, I have now discovered the importance of a new "component"....audio cables and interconnects. In the end, I'm not totally sure that the sound I now have with the new cables is "right" or not....If anything, the sound may be a bit on the clinical or analytical side now. I suppose audio sound can be classified using formulas:

Rotels (bright) + van den huls (warm) + Arcam cd player (warm) = warm
    Rotels (bright) + DNM Reson (bright) + Arcam cd player (warm) = slightly analytical.

I would imagine that someone using ARCAM amps/pre-processors or receivers and associated ARCAM sources would have an amazing match with an interconnect cables such as DNM (Arcam receiver ....warm + Arcam sources ...warm + Bright/analytical cables such as DNM = the "right" sound....Just my humble opinion).

I could go on with numerous other examples....My challenge now is to piece together the right components to get the "right" sound.

My question is this....To those audiophiles who have discovered the "component" of audio cables/interconnects, what has worked well for you using ARCAM equipment. Realizing that ARCAM probably would not recommend any company's particular cables....does anyone know what cables/interconnects that they've been using in their trade forums? I'd be interested in hearing everyone's recommendations!

panda88

2. ruben20

ruben20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've been using quite e few kimber cables. The hero, silverstreak and now the ks 1011 between my cd 33 and a32. imho a perfect match. I've tried nordost, vdh,mit, no name :D.
    The sheer clarity and musicality of the match was just was I was looking for.

3. scott brown

scott brown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i love audio magic

i've got various Excalibur II, Spellcaster and Sorcerer interconnects and speaker cables in my system and love it.

www.audio-magic.com

4. will1066

will1066

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    CD23 --Kimber KCAG--> AV8

5. Palu

Palu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: