1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam CD73 or Marantz 7300

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by pwood, Nov 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I have yet to hear the latter and wondered what you thoughts were. Its replacing a Micromega stage2. I am concerned that the difference won't warrant the outlay but I can't stretch to something like a cyrus 6 just yet.
    Would have liked a universal player but they just dont do it on CD replay except the Arcam DVD players which are rather more than I wanted to spend just yet :confused:

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would say the CD73 is a much more pleasent listen, not done a direct one on one comparison of the two but the CD73 is an excellent machine the Marantz is good and well worth a demo but I personally like the sound of the Arcam. The big thing that would tip the balance is the fact you can upgrade a CD73 at a later date and have it turned into a CD192! Now that really is an impressive player.

3. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Thanks for your thoughts on this.
    Got a listen to a mates Arcam CD 72 and it was better in most areas except I wasn't blown away as I felt it was still a bit cold (clinical)sounding. I gather the cd73 is different in this respect due to the different DAC.