Arcam CD73 fuses

Livesurfcams

Novice Member
Hi

Ive recently just changed my CD laser on the Arcam with a genuine Sony product, all working well, I noticed that one of the fuses had blown which Im suspecting was me !

Id like to buy the 4 main circuit board fuses ( clear fuses) and wondered if anybody could help me locate the exact fuses for the player.

Many Thanks

David
Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 18.52.20.png

JBA6

David,
It's extremely unlikely you'll find someone willing to sell you such a small quantity of fuses, they are usually sold in multiples of 10. However a good alternative is a fuse kit. Assuming your fuses are 20mm ones and not 1.25inch ones (it's impossible to be sure of the size from your picture) then the following kit on Ebay has all you need at the reasonable price of £18.08:

Going by your picture your fuses are all slow-blow, 250V rated types (the T before the current rating indicates slow-blow eg. T1A is a 1 amp slow-blow fuse). Fast or quick blow fuses just have the current rating eg 1A without the leading T.

JB

mcbainne

Distinguished Member
Have a look at Radio Spares, you can filter them by speed, rating and dimensions. There are 20mm RS Pro's in packs of 5, you need to buy x 10 but they're only just over £7 delivered and you can try and sell the extra on ebay and end up in profit

Livesurfcams

Novice Member
David,
It's extremely unlikely you'll find someone willing to sell you such a small quantity of fuses, they are usually sold in multiples of 10. However a good alternative is a fuse kit. Assuming your fuses are 20mm ones and not 1.25inch ones (it's impossible to be sure of the size from your picture) then the following kit on Ebay has all you need at the reasonable price of £18.08:

Going by your picture your fuses are all slow-blow, 250V rated types (the T before the current rating indicates slow-blow eg. T1A is a 1 amp slow-blow fuse). Fast or quick blow fuses just have the current rating eg 1A without the leading T.

JB
Many thanks JB

I was expecting to to purchase the fuse kit, they are the clear 20mm fuses, so 2 x t1 amp and 1 x t1.6 amp
and the forth fuse t100 mAL?

Really appreciate your help

David

Livesurfcams

Novice Member
Have a look at Radio Spares, you can filter them by speed, rating and dimensions. There are 20mm RS Pro's in packs of 5, you need to buy x 10 but they're only just over £7 delivered and you can try and sell the extra on ebay and end up in profit

Really appreciate your help.

David

JBA6

David, To confirm you would need 1 x T100mA, 2 x T1A and 1 x T1.6A to replace all four.
As @mcbainne said you can also get packs of 10 of each value from a supplier like RS Components or CPC/Farnell but although you'd be spending less overall it would be not such good value as the kit I suggested. Typically packs of 10 fuses from RS or CPC cost £3 plus postage so you'd end up spending approx £10 for the three values you require and have just 30 fuses for your money (CPC do list cheaper fuses but they have no stock of some of your values at these cheaper prices). The kit I suggested gets you 77 fuses for £18.

There is another cheaper option on Ebay, if you didn't want to buy a whole kit. This supplier sells packs of 10 in all the values you require for £1.89 per pack incl p/pkg:

JB

Livesurfcams

Novice Member
David, To confirm you would need 1 x T100mA, 2 x T1A and 1 x T1.6A to replace all four.
As @mcbainne said you can also get packs of 10 of each value from a supplier like RS Components or CPC/Farnell but although you'd be spending less overall it would be not such good value as the kit I suggested. Typically packs of 10 fuses from RS or CPC cost £3 plus postage so you'd end up spending approx £10 for the three values you require and have just 30 fuses for your money (CPC do list cheaper fuses but they have no stock of some of your values at these cheaper prices). The kit I suggested gets you 77 fuses for £18.

There is another cheaper option on Ebay, if you didn't want to buy a whole kit. This supplier sells packs of 10 in all the values you require for £1.89 per pack incl p/pkg:

JB
Thank you

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
fair point but I was just assuming I would have to buy 40 fuses and it would be good housekeeping to change all the fuses ! futile I'm sure.
Well two are the same value so would only need three packs, but I don't see any merit in changing good ones. That seller @JBA6 found for £1.89 delivered is great value.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom