1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam cd62 requires 2 channel amp for possible long term relationship

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by fuzzybee, Dec 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I need some advice, i've owned a Arcam cd62 for a few months now and love it, it look's and sounds stunning. I currently use it with a Yamaha RXV730 AV receiver and the kEF kHT2005.2 egg package. Although it sounds superb i cannot help but feel i'm not getting the most out of my cd player. I have decided to buy a decent two channel amp but as of yet have had no time to demo anything. I have shortlisted the Marantz PM7200 and the Arcam A65 plus, has anybody got either partnered with the cd62 and what are your thoughts ????
    I love the look of the A65 with the cd62 ontop and feel this may be my best option but i have heard good things about the 7200(it's also cheaper)
    They will be powering a pair of Mordant Short 25i pearl speakers until funds allow an upgrade, so can anyone help my cd62 get into a long term relationship

I need help :confused:

2. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fuzzy,
    If you like the look of the Arcam, take a look at a 2nd hand Arcam A85, these can be had for reasonable money and will withstand any CD upgrade.

Regards
    John

3. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Thanks for the advice John i may just do that, it would mean having to wait and get a second paper round though ;)

4. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Have a check with local dealers for A75+ which ahs been replaced by the 80 - some good deals to be had (Saved 1/3 off on mine) - BTW I have the amp on top of the CD player - better heat dispersal.

5. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Thanks wilber, i think i have got to partner my Arcam cd player with an Arcam amp, they look so bloody sexy together. Placing the amp ontop of the cd player is an interesting proposition and something i will certainly try when i do decide which amp to go for.