Arcam CD23T Vs Oppo 95

lazarus

Established Member
Reaction score
Following on from this thread - http://www.avforums.com/forums/arcam-products/1611630-diva-cd192-fmj-cd17.html - I thought it might be better to have a separate thread detailing my comparisons between the 23T and the 95.

Ive had the cdplayer for about 3 days now and purchased it from the bada marketplace - Marketplace.

The rest of my system is an Arcam C31 with 2 P1 amps. Celestion A3 speakers with audioquest midnight 3 speaker cable and nva interconnects. Everything gets its juice from 2 belkin PF40's.

Am still getting used to its sound but initial impressions are that its very similar to the 95 in both detail and bass levels.

Ill let you all know how i get on....

Hello Lazarus I am also interested in your findings as I went to purchase a CD23T on marketplace (BillyVees) but missed it by an hour.Dont suppose that person was yourself?
RE your other thread, if you do decide to sell on the Arcam I would like to have first refusal please
Cheers Paul

Hello Lazarus I am also interested in your findings as I went to purchase a CD23T on marketplace (BillyVees) but missed it by an hour.Dont suppose that person was yourself?
RE your other thread, if you do decide to sell on the Arcam I would like to have first refusal please
Cheers Paul

Lararus

I will tune in every now and then to see how the test is going.

Cheers Paul

Certainly was!

I dont think first refusals work here but if I do decide to get rid and stick with the oppo ill mention it here.

Im back!

The CD23T is the better CD player.

Theres not much in it, not much at all but the CD23T has edged it so far.

As mentioned above theres a lot of detail and a lot of bass but theres also slightly more detail in the lower frequencies than in the 95.

The CD23T also has a slightly more 'musical' sound to it, as if a song is 'nicer' to listen too.

Dont get me wrong, anyone who buys the 95 as a single box solution will certainly not be disappointed, its awesome.

Im gonna continue listening and comparing but it looks like the CD23T is a keeper and fantastic value for £305.

Id love to audition a CD37 to compare to both the CD23 and the 95....

Hi Lazarus,

305£ for a CD23T is about the best thing you can get for that money.
I own a CD23T for over 5 years now. Last summer I thought I would go and look (listen) for a new CD player.
I searched in the 1500/2500£ area...
Nothing has beaten the CD23T.
I found that some sounded really different... but better ? The only thing that would have me changed my mind would have been a Linn Unidisk 2.1. But that is in another price league, so not for now :-(

Regards.

PenguinHiFi

apologies for the lack of updates...

the 23T is a stunning CD player. Ive had all my cd's removed from storage and have listened to some of my favourite stuff. what a faff but totally worth it.

the hard drive with all my music on connected to the 95 hasnt had much of a look in.

im also about to move which will give me the opportunity to rejig my system with another pair of p1's ive sourced so im hoping that will further improve the sound, ill will let you know how I get on.

Have you tried SACD in the Oppo against the Arcam? Would be interesting...

Since the CD23T can only play the CD layer of a hybrid SACD, such a comparison would be meaningless and irrelevant.

I don't think it would be meaningless and irrelevant. If you have both players, which Lazarus clearly does, and the SACD playback of the 95 is better than the CD23T then you'd obviously prefer to listen to SACD.

I don't think it would be meaningless and irrelevant. If you have both players, which Lazarus clearly does, and the SACD playback of the 95 is better than the CD23T then you'd obviously prefer to listen to SACD.
Since the Oppo plays multichannel SACDs and the CD23T can't even play stereo SACDs, what would he be comparing? Apples and Oranges? Perhaps he should also compare a Bluray version of an opera on his Oppo, with the parallel CD release on his CD32T (but will he have to remember to close his eyes)?

Yes OK, my idea was pointless and meaningless. Nobody has any curiosity on whether the Oppo plays SACD better than the Arcam plays CD.
Listen to pedantic Mark, he knows best.

i dont have any sacd's unfortunately.

still love listening to the 23t. the 95 is only being used for my blu's now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom