arcam cd 82 sound problem

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Import racer, Sep 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Import racer

Import racer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Hi I have an Arcam CD82 which does seem to sound quite right ? There is loads of detail and lots of nice Sub Bass, but not much hard punch from the nice Mid Range.
    I also have the DV79 And DV88+. The DV88+ sounds The Best of all of them for CDs being alittle flatter .
    I have a pioneer Pdr 555rw which plays very well and loud but does nt have the detail of the Arcams.
    Could it be my amps which are Yamaha A1 Bi-amped to the rears Tri-amped fronts with Arcam Alpha 8p ,p75 And Cambridge P500 plus Alpha 7 for front presence through Behringer Studio x-over and Kefs all round. The front amps probably play around 70/80 Watts each only
    Although sound nice, maybe they are nt good or loud enough for the Arcams. ? What front or AV Amps would work best, although the A1 is still fantastic !
    any advice would be appreciated Thanks

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    I would advise on getting a listen to the Arcam AVR350 as an upgrade for your A1. It should be quite a noticeble upgrade in terms of stereo playback as well as suround processing.

I would also advise not shouting or getting upset when someone comments on how you type your posts. I happened to mention it because the way you have typed your query makes it difficult to read and understand exactly what you are trying to say. Getting your point across in an easy to read and simple to understand way is likely to result in many more useful responses. A little bit of contructive critisism is good for everyone now and again.

Welcome to the forums, don't take everything said on here to heart to much, we are a friendly lot really :thumbsup:

3. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    I've deleted a couple of posts in captitals etc on this thread. Thanks Crusty for putting the 'Capitals' situation so well.

Dan.

4. junipers

junipers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well Crusty has been getting a lot of thanks lately for his firmware work, but I think you deserve some too. It must take a lot of effort to be a Moderator, to keep on top of technicalities, advice and etiquette...

Thanks Dan