1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam CD 72 VS Arcam CD 73

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Pineapple, Apr 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Pineapple

Pineapple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have come across a good deal with a second hand Arcam Diva CD 72 and I was wondering what the differences are between this unit and the CD 73 model? I've already paid for the CD player and I'm sure I'll be happy with it, but I was just curious.

Oh and the CD 72T and CD73T models only add CD text correct? No added features that affect sound quality right?

Thank you.

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    No difference.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Just checking the Arcam site briefly points out a couple of technical differences.

Signal to Noise Ratio: CD72 = >100dB, CD73 = 112dB

Output Impedance: CD72 = 50 ohms, CD73 = 150 ohms

Having heard both CD72 and CD73 I can say that the CD73 does sound better, but not by a great deal. I'm sure have got a good price on the CD72 and I hope you enjoy it.

4. Gixxerblade

Gixxerblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I thought I was told the power supply was different when I enquired about upgrading my CD72T to CD192. The Arcam guy said the CD72T would be more like a CD92T (CD93T may have the different power supply?) but upgrading a CD73T is "essentially" the same as a CD192. This implies to me that something is different between CD72T/CD73T other than what Crustyloafer has found on the site but I could be wrong. I was probably drunk when I talked to Arcam support. I also remember reading that the transport was different between the models but that was in a mag review so may not be accurate ......