1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam & Bose

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by ldavisuk, Jul 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ldavisuk

ldavisuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for speakers for my Arcam AV250 + DV79.
    Has anyone have expierience with attaching Bose Acoustimass speakers to their system.

(sorry newbie question)

Thanks

Lee

2. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    No, but your combo should be connected to a lot better speakers. Bose are designed for 'lifestyle' and not high quality sound that your arcam combo can produce.

Try some kef eggs, and be amazed.

3. Starkiller

Starkiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yip, or JMlabs sibs or monitor audio radius, there are better choices out there

4. barnythebear

barnythebear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes I've used AM 15's with my system and I still use them for surround work on the back four channels. Make sure you buy ones with an active sub-woofer as some of the cheaper ones are not and therefore are not as good. I would agree with other posters in that they are OK but when I upgraded my front speakers I found a significant improvement. We are more into music than DVD's etc. I bought a matching centre speaker because of the improvement and the fact I could biamp if I wanted. It really depends how much money you have to spend as Bose are expensive for what they are. Kef eggs and similar probably out do them. If you want small but complete speakers then the Leema Xens take some beating but you are talking about £1000 per pair. They will sell a single speaker if you want to use it as a centre but now make a proper centre speaker. If your more into music then get a good front pair and then use the Bose for surround, it works for me.