Question Arcam + B&W 685 speakers

paul3smith24

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Paul, completely new to the site and to all the hi-end hifi stuff. Looking for some advice as I will be making a classified add soon hopefully 👍🏻.
I have just inherited a pair of immaculate B&W 685 speakers in cherry wood colour with stands that are approximately 2ft tall with very sharp spikes on the bottom !! As I found out lifting them 🤬..... the speakers have no holes etc in them either.
Attached to the speakers was :
Arcam A90 amplifier in silver,
Arcam CD73 text compact disc player in silver,
Arcam T61 AM/FM RDS tuner in silver,
All of the Arcam stuff have original boxes / packaging and remotes for each unit. One of the remote controls have not even been opened yet........

so......... with all of that..... what do you guys think it’s worth ?? I would obviously rather sell everything to one person so I’m not left with odd bits..... I’m located in the north east, Washington to be precise.... I would post but it would probably be best to collect.
Thanks for any advice.
Paul.

Attachments

• 43C2BAD6-B332-4F0D-BD73-1483D46191BA.jpeg
    43C2BAD6-B332-4F0D-BD73-1483D46191BA.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 61
Go on to eBay or HiFi Shark, search for the model and then filter to show sold items only. This will be a good starting point.

Last edited by a moderator:
As above, I sold an A90 on Ebay in May for £225 after having it listed here with little interest.

I would suggest it's unlikely that you'll find a single buyer for everything but no real prospect of being left with anything either. Even the tuner still seems to be in reasonable demand.

I believe there's another £1 Final Value Fee promo coming up this weekend.

Last edited:
Just to add that you'll probably make more money if you sell separately.

CD73 vary in price.

I've seen them listed as high as 250-270, but no way are they selling at that price. The ones that do sell tend to be in the 120-150 range. That's boxed and in ok/decent condition.

They seem to come and go on ebay quite regularly. Sometimes there will be 10+being sold, other times none.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom