Arcam AVR750 Owners Thread

Colour and finish perfect. Good match to the old FMJ.

Have QED Genesis cables for fronts etc. Was a pig to plug in as it doesn't move much because its thick.

Had a quick play. All seems well and codes for old CR102 remote seems to work. Ran to the latest 3.32 firmware.

Will try setting up levels with my SPL in a mo.

Do firmware upgrades still require a null modem cable and PC or can they be done over network or USB yet?

OMG!!!

dts version of Jarre in China :)

Firmware via USB port now

Right. Set up all my inputs. Will have to "learn" 3 to my One4All but now enabled Bypass but still have OSD on my Xbox and PS3? Is that how the new AVRs bypass mode works?

Passthrough is working though as checking a 3D BD via the PS3

Seems fine. Only just going device by device now but picks up changes in formats in split seconds. Still used to the 600 wince as I change inputs....hopefully I'll get over that :D

2 channel Stereo Direct from the DV139 is fabulous. More detail and bass depth over the impressive amounts offered by the 600. Plus, these speakers haven't been run in

Great to hear , I only have one hdmi connected on mine so far but I was told the switching was going to be very good . I am using the D33 DAC for my stereo source and I could not be more impressed with the sound I'm getting :)

Yeah. Mines cut down. Have Xbox, PS3 and audio only out from BD player.

Impressed. Just need to get my fronts sorted out. 2 pairs of R500s with cosmetic damage!!

R500's are almost certainly going to be my next speakers ... They are stunning for the money

Hi all, newbie here...

Purchased an AVR750 a couple of weeks ago to replace a messy but good combination of a Yamaha DSP-Z7 for AV and Cyrus kit for the stereo duties. The stereo stuff being the most important for me. It's all good so far and this black beast sounds absolutely fantastic fed with the Cyrus CD8 bi-amping my PMC OB1's. I just don't understand how it can sound so good within 30 seconds of power-up - and obviously it gets even better after a few hours.... I tried the iPod connection today expecting to be a little disappointed - and wasn't. Thank you Arcam.

The R500s are amazing (as are the R100s for size). The bass is even better with the 750. May have to use the bungs to tame them at this rate.

Shame I'm having cosmetic issues. Nothing horrendous but poor for £1.5k. KEF rep is delivering another set shortly and opening when he's there.

The R500s are amazing (as are the R100s for size). The bass is even better with the 750. May have to use the bungs to tame them at this rate.

Shame I'm having cosmetic issues. Nothing horrendous but poor for £1.5k. KEF rep is delivering another set shortly and opening when he's there.

Sounds like some good customer care ! What is wrong with the first pair ?

Scratches, dent and tarnished connectors :(

24 hours with the AVR750. Only good news to report. Just works. Just works beautifully!

Any owners using coaxial digital?

Found one minor issue. Could be a settings thing.

Have my DV139 connected direct to my TV via HDMI. I then connect the DV139 to the AVRs CD input for analog and coaxial digital.

Because I need to add lip sync delay of 95ms to all digital inputs I've had to assign an un used HDMI input to the CD input.

Now occasionally I get a split second drop out of audio, normally just at the start of playing something then its fine.

Anyone else have a similar setup? Could assigning a blank HDMI in be causing an issue?

No other problems and sounds fine.

Have my PVR connected to the STB input via optical. Will check that later.

I think it just does it after receiving a digital feed. Doesn't appear to be doing it during a film (thankfully).

Hi chaps.

Got an official Apple dock off eBay today. Its not the latest (that appears to have a silver remote). Plugged it into the AVR then my 6th gen iPod Classic into the dock.

AVR says Detected. iPod says Accessory not supported. It then kinda freezes the iPod to.

Tried the girlfriends Nano direct and its fine. The dock is currently syncing my Classic to the PC so a bit confused.

I'm gonna try a restore of the Classic as has been connected to my old Arcam irDock for the last 2 years. Maybe a conflict?

Anyone used similar?

Its the dock. iPod Classic works and sounds great connected directly via USB.

There is a more up to date dock available from Apple (with accessories). Have ordered that to see (came out in 2010) if its any better.

Shame I have to keep getting up to change tracks :)

Pah! Latest dock doesn't want to work either.

Ah well. Will get a case and a longer cable instead.

Pah! Latest dock doesn't want to work either.

Ah well. Will get a case and a longer cable instead.

Never been interested in playing with an Apple TV? I have them all over the place (5 of them!).

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try the wired approach. Was considering a Blutooth approach as have a few BT devices

What does the Apple TV do apart from the obvious?

I have about 115gig of music stored on my iPod Classic and PC. Would the Apple TV store that too?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom