arcam avr750 = joke

robwight

Novice Member
Reaction score
Small & simple rant..

I've had roughly 8 av receivers over past 10 years as I like to play around..

Out of these 8 I've had 2 faults. . 1 h&k that had a fit after I used some 2nd hand (damaged) £260 speaker cable, my fault.

Arcam avr750 ? I've gradually learned over the past 6 months that the most expensive ( but by far not the most sophisticated) amp I've owned is absolutely cr4p. .in my opinion.

Hdmi handshake issues might no be a big deal to some, but when half the time your sitting switching, switching, switching, turn of projector ,turn back on, turn of tv & projector at same time, try to trust the electronic gods ( not arcam) by pressing them both on at same time, then 100 other combinations to try get a display on anything Is at best the pits., it's almost euphoric when it works as I'm not so embarrassed in front of the wife & kids after 15 minutes of waiting for the incredibles to come on.

Perfectly summed it up...

Wife says " how much was that amp? "
Me. "4 grand"
Wife. "Hmmm"

Arcam, get the finger out, if it cost £50 I want it to work ,4k ? You get the idea.

This has been written after 20 minutes of getting it to work with no luck , I had to end up disconnecting the amp & watch straight from htpc to tv , nice one.

Incredibles is worth the effort though, my fave animated film:thumbsup:

I'm making light of the situation of course, I'd be livid if I had to put up with that kind of nonsense.

I thought the HDMI handshake issues were done and only the older generation of Arcam (ie. AVR600) had them? Have you tried to call Arcam? I am sure they will be happy to help you out...

I thought the HDMI handshake issues were done and only the older generation of Arcam (ie. AVR600) had them? Have you tried to call Arcam? I am sure they will be happy to help you out...

God no - that's far too sensible a suggestion - better to come and rant in a forum, that's how you solve HDMI switching issues - to hell with contacting the people who might just be able to resolve the situation o_O

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom