• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

arcam avr600 v onkyo 5900

garrynic

Hi all recently posted a thread in this section recently just wanted your opinion on another option the arcam i paid £1500 for ex dem the salesman told me it would passthrough in standbye but it does not which was one of my main reasons for buying a new av amp with hdmi going from a denon avca1d which has served me well anyway my question is they have offered me a refund due to the standby issue or n onkyo 5900 amp for £2000 i am thinking the onkyo will be better for movies but not for 2 channel listening before trying the arcam i would have said my listening would be 95% movies and 5%music but now i would say it would change to 70/30 or less on the movie side i wouldnt say i have noticed a signifagent step up against the denon as i would have thought so do i get a refund on the arcam or try the onkyo or save some money and stick with my trusted denon Regards Garry

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If you can try the Onkyo then give it a listen then you can make an informed choice about which to choose from the 3.

garrynic

PSM1 they would have to get the onkyo delivered from another store so with the messing about if they would be prepared to set it up for a dem would be another matter and a waste of time and effort if i didnt like it thanks for your comments Garry

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You are the customer and not spending an insignificant amount of money. You should ask them if they are prepared to do it before righting it off. They have the option to say no but if they are have great customer service then I am sure they would be prepared to do it to make sure their customer is completely happy (and will return again in the future!!!!).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom