Arcam AVR550 with AVR600

PatMax

Novice Member
Hello,

I recently replaced some of my speakers and now all of my system (5.1.2) has Dali speakers (4 Ohms). Fronts L+R: Opticon 6, Centre: Opticon Vokal, Opticon Rubicon LCR (surround), Front Atmos: Opticon 2.

I was using Yamaha RX-V685 together with an Arcam SA30 for the Fronts L+R.

However I really like the Arcam sound so I managed to get an Arcam AVR550. I was aiming for an Arcam AVR850 but could not get a used one at a reasonable price. Arcam AVR550 is not rated for 4Ohms so my thought process was to get an Arcam AVR 600 to use it together with the Arcam SA30 to drive all the speakers and use the AVR550 only as a processor. I already scoured the forum and there are mixed opinions on this.

The AVR550 has not yet arrive. Is that a good idea? Or would the sound from the AVR550 be better if I don't listen at high volumes. I am aware that Arcam AVR600 are a lottery in term of reliability, however they are still cheaper than a dedicated power amp. I also have 3 subwoofers (2 x BK Monoliths + 1 BK XXL400) calibrated together with REW via a MiniDSP 2x4HD.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Pat

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom